August 31 @ 18:00 - 18:45 CEST
The strategy diamond is a framework developed by Donald Hambrick and James Fredrickson to help organizations develop a comprehensive and effective strategy. The diamond includes five elements that are critical to the success of any strategy: arenas, vehicles, differentiators, staging, and economic logic.
- Arenas: This element refers to the specific markets, geographies, and product or service categories that an organization will focus on. By identifying the specific arenas where it will compete, an organization can focus its resources and efforts on the areas where it can be most successful
- Vehicles: This element refers to the specific methods or channels that an organization will use to reach its target markets. Examples of vehicles include distribution channels, marketing and advertising campaigns, and partnerships or alliances
- Differentiators: This element refers to the unique features or attributes that distinguish an organization’s products or services from those of its competitors. By identifying and emphasizing its differentiators, an organization can create a competitive advantage and attract customers.
- Staging: This element refers to the sequence or timing of an organization’s actions and investments. By carefully planning and coordinating its activities over time, an organization can build momentum and achieve its goals more effectively.
- Economic Logic: This element refers to the overall financial and strategic rationale for an organization’s strategy. By ensuring that its strategy is financially viable and aligned with its overall goals, an organization can create a sustainable and successful business model.
Together, these five elements make up the strategy diamond and provide a comprehensive framework for developing a successful strategy. The strategy diamond emphasizes the importance of aligning an organization’s strategy with its unique strengths and capabilities, as well as with the external market and competitive landscape.
The strategy diamond has been widely used in both academic and business contexts and has been shown to be an effective tool for developing and communicating strategy. By using the strategy diamond to develop and refine their strategies, organizations can ensure that they are well-positioned to succeed in their chosen markets and achieve their goals.
- Economic Logic
Mithun A. Sridharan is an entrepreneur, cited author and keynote speaker on Strategy, Management and Digital Transformation topics. He is the Founder & Chief Advisor at INTRVU, an admissions and career services advisory, where he oversees strategy, career services operations, publishing, partnerships and product management. He is also the Founder and Chief Content Officer at Think Insights, a leading education portal on Strategy, Management Consulting, Leadership, Digital Transformation, and Data Literacy. Mithun is a bottom-line driven executive with experience in leadership and senior management roles in strategy, consulting and information technology industries. As a Global Industry Advisor and Senior Client Partner, he regularly advises executives at Fortune 100 clients on their strategic business transformation initiatives. His institutional experience traces Amazon Web Services and Oracle, market leaders in information technology as well as global management consultancies, such as KPMG, Publicis Sapient, and CGI (Logica). where he incubated and scaled several consulting practises. Mithun also had a 4-year stint with entrepreneurship at BlueOS LLC, where his leadership ranged from company incorporation to acquisition by a Swiss holding group. He is a regular speaker at several industry conferences and has extensive publications at such high-impact magazines as the World Economic Forum, the American Banker, Wired, Forbes, etc. He holds an MBA from ESMT Berlin, a Master of Science from Christian Albrechts University of Kiel, both in Germany and a Bachelor of Engineering from the University of Madras, India. He is based in Heidelberg, Germany and can be reached via LinkedIn.
- This meeting will not be recorded for offline viewing
- Eventbrite registration is required to attend this event (details below)
- You will receive the webinar details 24 hours prior to the event